- Form LLC
Starting at $49+ State fees
ZenBusiness Review 2021
- As low as $49 + state fees
- Registered agent & worry free compliance
- Lifetime expert business support
- 100% Accuracy Guarantee
- Doesn't offer the option to form a nonprofit
ZenBusiness helps entrepreneurs form their dream business. Their main target is geared towards the small business community as they offer affordable and simple business formation services to help business owners start, run and grow their business. ZenBusiness also strives to give back to the community with their public benefit corporation by loaning money to select women-owned and minority-owned companies in the US to encourage more business ownership.
Ease of use
ZenBusiness offers three main filing plans to get started with your LLC business.
All ZenBusiness plans include preparation and filing of LLC paperwork, Name Availability Search, ongoing phone and email customer support, online document access, credit card offer, Statement of Organization, CPA Assessment, and a Virtual Business Guide.
- Starter Plan for only $49 plus applicable state fees includes the standard filing services and Operating Agreement and 100% accuracy guarantee. The processing time takes 9-12 business days in TX and CA (Processing time is different in different states)
- Pro Plan for a discounted rate of $199 (plus applicable state fees) is the most popular plan of choice and includes expedite filing, Employer Identification Number (EIN), Banking Resolution and Worry Free Compliance services. The processing time takes 5-8 business days in TX and CA (Processing time is different in different states)
- Premium Plan for $299 (plus state fees) includes all of the above plan features plus rush filing speed, a Business Domain Name, Business Website, and Business Email Address. This plan offers the fastest turnaround time with rush processing of 5-8 business days in TX and CA (Processing time is different in different states)
If you choose the starter plan, there are plenty of à la carte services available that you can add on. Alternatively, you can build your own package and choose the services based on your specific business needs. There is a comprehensive list of services and charges laid out on the ZenBusiness Pricing Page.
List of services
The individual services include:
- Registered Agent – This service ensures there is a physical address where you are able to receive tax or legal notices during business hours and is required by the state. Hiring a registered agent service ensures legal compliance and keeps all your documents organized in one place.
- DBA (Doing Business As) Names can be acquired for $95 plus state fees. Advantages of this are branding flexibility, no additional taxes, and compliance with requirements.
- An EIN number is required to open a bank account, hire new employees and to be able to separate your business and personal finances. For $70, ZenBusiness will secure your EIN from the IRS.
- A Business Email Address can be purchased for $25 per year and includes an address book, calendars and 5GB of cloud storage.
- A New York LLC Certificate of Publication is required when setting up a business in New York. For $200 plus publication fees, ZenBusiness will simplify this requirements process and keep your costs low.
- Accounting and Bookkeeping are very important when running a business. There are three plans to choose from:
- Quick Start for $50/month includes 5 invoices and 20 bank transactions, CPA support via email or chat, and closing of the books every month.
- Up and Running plan for $100/month adds unlimited invoices and transactions plus a quarterly 1-2-hour phone call with a CPA.
- Grow and Scale Plan for $200/month gives you a dedicated CPA for your business with a monthly 3-5 hour call with your CPA.
If you are unsure whether you want or need any of these services, there is a detailed explanation of each one on the ZenBusiness website.
You can form an LLC in any state you wish and can find a sitemap on the ZenBusiness website that allows you to click on any state to view the LLC State Fees.
ZenBusiness follows a 5-step process when handling your business formation:
- Fill out the forms and choose the services desired
- Filing of your documents with the state
- The state confirms the information and approves your business entity
- ZenBusiness notifies you and places all your paperwork on a secure online account
- ZenBusiness offers continuous support and services to help keep you compliant and in good standing with all state requirements going forward
The cost of expedite and rush filing services when you chose the Starter Plan are quite expensive!
You can save on the cost of expedite filing when you purchase the Pro Plan for $179 as it is included in the plan. Do take into consideration that filing speeds and fees vary from state to state, depending on where you will be filing your LLC.
A dedicated customer service expert is available via email and a toll-free number during business hours. The ZenBusiness website includes a helpful Frequently Asked Questions section, Help Center page, bios of the team, and a blog to keep customers up to date on current news and changing regulations.
ZenBusiness is known for it’s Worry Free Compliance service. The cost for this service is $119 a year.
The cost of Worry Free Compliance service is included in the Pro Plan for $199 for the first year!
ZenBusiness offers one of the best LLC filing services we reviewed. They help make the LLC formation process fast and simple so that you can get your business up and running in no time, and for great value for money. We especially like their worry free option which gives business owners peace of mind knowing that compliance and paperwork are being taken care of by industry experts so that they can focus on growing and managing their business.